Sycamore Athletic Boosters GO AVIATORS!
SAB Mission Statement
The Mission of this Association is to support participation and
excellence in athletics throughout the
SYCAMORE COMMUNITY SCHOOLS ATHLETIC PROGRAM
Sycamore Aviator Fans & Families,
I would like to thank everyone for your membership, support and assistance in helping the Sycamore Athletic Boosters reach their goals over the years. We had a tremendous 2016-2017 School year that included great success both in the class room as well as with the teams. The support and guidance of parents, alumni, and the community members plays a significant role in helping our students reach their potential and find success in all areas of their life.
Sycamore Athletic Boosters continues to work diligently to support participation and excellence in athletics throughout the Sycamore Community Schools Athletic Program. The SAB works with the booster membership, booster board and Sycamore School leadership to deliver this mission and therefore, provide the tools for the students and coaches of our district. Our accomplishments last year included:
- $40, 000 Sponsorship of the Sycamore Junior High Green Teams (participation) opportunities for students/development of programs)
- $20k+ in team “wish list items”: equipment/supplies/technology for teams and athletes
- New Multi Purpose Floor in SHS
- Contribution to outdoor Box Lacrosse Arena
- Technology and equipment upgrades for various teams
The 2016-2017 school year Aves Athletic highlights include:
- 16 student-athletes committed to playing at the collegiate level .
- High School Football team advanced to the Division I Regional Finals for the first time in school history.
- Aves Bowling sophomore Paige Weitz bowled a perfect 300 game in February.
- Senior RJ Barnes drafted by the Cincinnati Reds in the 34th round of the MLB Draft.
- Aves Head Baseball Coach Pete Muehlenkamp earned his 300th career victory.
- Sycamore Alum and former MLB player Kevin Youkilis had his #13 jersey retired.
- Sycamore Doubles Team of Noah Stern and Nathan Zhang finished as OHSAA Division 1 State Runners Up
- Sycamore Boys' 4X200 team of Brenden Archer, Barry Daniels, Asa Hodrick and Jonathan Malek and Coach Hank Ray won State Championship.
THANK YOU for considering membership again this upcoming school year and I am confident that it will be another year of great memories. You are welcome to consider joining a committee as a SAB booster member or community parent of a Sycamore Student and JOIN US at one of the upcoming fundraisers!
- Enclosed is the membership information and instructions
We hope to see you at the:
- Poker Night - November 18, 2017
- Social - February 24, 2018
- SAB Golf Outing at Blue Ash Golf Course – May 4, 2018
- Like us/follow us on Facebook, Twitter and visit the website for updates/information
We could not achieve our Booster goals without the help of our members, community partners, and great coaches. Thank you very much for all of the support. It is my privilege and honor to serve as your 2017-2018 Sycamore athletic booster president.
Sycamore Athletic Boosters 2017 - 2018